When the skin on your feet dries, it can lead to painful cracking and peeling, commonly described as heel fissures. The openings in the skin permit easy access for bacteria that can cause infections, making the discomfort worse. If your feet are cracking and peeling, you might be looking for a natural method to treat both the condition and the discomfort that features it. With a few basic remedies, you can be on your method to smoother skin and a lot less pain.
Ways to Cure Peeling Skin on Feet
Moisturize your feet typically. Apply a moisturizing cream or petroleum jelly to assist include and lock in wetness, and cover your feet with soft cotton socks. This ought to be done throughout the day as well as right prior to you go to bed. Grease can be used in place of cream for the same result. Stay consistent with this and do this daily to see enhancement.
Wash your feet daily with an antibacterial soap to help clean up any bacteria from the cracks in your skin, to avoid painful infections. Dry your feet with a soft, clean, dry towel by patting gently.
Use a pumice stone to carefully scrub away dead skin cells and lessen areas of hardened skin that might potentially crack. Do this when your feet are dry, before you wash or moisturize. If you experience any pain, stop immediately.
Soak your feet in plain pure lemon juice to assist soften the skin. You can do this as typically as you like, but make sure that you do it at least when a week for 10 minutes at a time to see results.
Drink lots of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol, which can dry out your skin, making the condition worse. Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
Do not choose at the dead skin or effort to cut it away with scissors. This may lead to taking off excessive, which can be even more painful and subject you to a higher risk for infection.
If the dry skin continues despite your efforts to get rid of it, consult your doctor or podiatric doctor about possible causes and treatments.
Things You’ll Need
- Hydrating lotion
- Petroleum jelly
- Soft cotton socks
- Anti-bacterial soap
- Soft towel
- Pumice stone
- Lemon juice
Can Peeling Skin on Feet Be Prevented?
A number of the treatment approaches discussed above can likewise be used to prevent dry skin on your feet. Here are some suggestions to help you prevent this condition:
- Talk to your doctor about non-prescription lotions, creams, and moisturizers to help you manage the dryness.
- Do not rub or scratch the affected area. Rather, try using cold compresses or ice packs to the itchy area for a few minutes at a time.
- Do not clean too often. Prevent bubble baths, aromatic soaps, and other products that might dry your skin. Pat your skin dry when you are completed rather of rubbing the towel over your body. Use lukewarm water instead of hot water. The heat from the water can contribute to your dry feet.
- Avoid saunas and steam baths if possible.
- Moisturize after each shower or each time your feet come into contact with water.
- Wear shoes that permit your feet to breathe. Avoid extreme sweating.
- Avoid blasting the heater in your home, or use a humidifier to help keep wetness in the air. Heating devices are well-known for drying out the air in a home or office.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which can cause the itchy sensation to get worse.