In addition to absence of sleep, dietary options, genes and your sleep position can lead to dark circles and puffy eyes. You might have heard charm mavens swear that cold cucumbers slices put over the eyes can help in reducing swelling and dark circles. Scientific evidence as to whether the cucumbers work is little, however lots of people swear by the technique. Compounds in the cucumbers and their temperature might describe their effectiveness.
Researchers have actually isolated a number of anti-oxidants present in cucumbers, consisting of cucurbitacins, vitexin, orientin and isoscoparin, in addition to vitamins C and K. You can absorb these anti-oxidants through your skin. Skin doctor Gregory Nikolaidis informed the “Huffington Post” that these anti-oxidants might help in reducing the inflammation that causes puffiness and dark circles.
Cucumber pieces work best to reduce swelling and dark circles when chilled. The cool temperature eases puffiness and dissuades the accumulation of fluid under your eyes. Cold, damp teabags or a bag of frozen veggies are alternatives.
Thin Skin and Vitamin K
Dark circles might look like the outcome of a combination of thin skin and noticeable veins. The skin around your eyes is rather fragile; as you age, it becomes even thinner and more delicate, so veins that run beneath appear as dark circles. Inning accordance with a study published in the “Journal of Drugs and Dermatology” in 2009, Vitamin K, which is present in cucumbers, can decrease dark discolorations due to bruising in people who undergo laser treatments. Vitamin K may likewise help in reducing the staining that causes dark circles.
How to Use Them
The chillier the cucumber slices, the better your outcomes. “Real Simple” suggests putting the pieces in the freezer for a few minutes prior to you apply them. When they’re all set, rest on your back and place a cucumber over each closed eye lid. Rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Using cucumbers isn’t an assurance that your dark circles will go away, however the treatment is unlikely to do you any damage.
Other Methods to Use Cucumber for Dark Sircles Under Eyes
1. Easiest Way
This is an easy but most effective approach of using cucumber.
- Cut cucumber into thick pieces and refrigerate for few minutes to chill them.
- Now clean your eyes and dry them carefully.
- Place cool cucumber pieces over each eye and ensure that it has to cover the dark colored eye areas.
- For best results, lie on your back and place these pieces on closed eyes.
- Let it remain for 10– 15 minutes and then wash your eyes with water.
- Or just slice the cooled cucumber and place it on your closed eyes.
- Continue doing the same procedure for 2-3 everyday for a week to see the modifications.
2. Cucumber with Lemon Juice
Lemon has vitamin C and whitening property that brightens the under eye dark circles. This combination will definitely help you in eliminating the problem.
- Combine newly drawn out cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal quantities.
- Stir it well in a bowl till both are mixed correctly.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mix and use it on dark circles.
- Let it sit for about 15-20 minutes and clean your eyes with water.
- Or use potato juice instead of lemon juice and follow the same process.
- Repeat it daily till you get remedy for dark circles entirely.
3. Cucumber Cold Compress
All of us know that cold compress will offer very efficient and instantaneous relief from swollen or delicate skin.
- Grate a small cucumber and extract its juice by putting the grated cucumber in sieve and pushing it with a spoon.
- Or just cut the cucumber into small pieces and mash it with a folk to extract its juice.
- Cool this juice for few minutes and take it out.
- Dip a cotton ball or cotton squares in cucumber juice for a minute.
- Then dab it under the eyes like a compress and wait for about 15– 20 minutes for the skin to take in the juice.
- Wash it with normal water after removing the cotton ball and dry the skin gently.
- Or just have some mild massage of cucumber juice directly on the skin for few minutes to get rid of this dark discoloration around the eyes.
- Also, mix some sandalwood powder in grated cucumber juice and use this mix to massage under the eyes.
- Repeat the very same process frequently to prevent these black rings around the eyes.
Tips and Warnings
– Take in cucumber to get the essential hydration and proper blood flow to the eyes from within.
– However, cucumber provides immediate relief from itching, inflammation and unwinds your eyes from first effort onwards however for getting quick relief, you have to follow these methods routinely without any stop working.
– Mild massage with pure cucumber oil under the eyes will likewise help to remove these dark rings.
Cucumber is the true champion of under eye circle fight. So, use it regularly to beat dark circles but remember to share your winning experience with us.