Health Benefits Of Matcha Green Tea
A long standing tradition of Japanese culture, Matcha Green Tea is the greatest quality powdered green tea available. Made from the nutrient-rich young leaves picked from the pointers of shade-grown Camellia sinensis plants, Matcha Green Tea is steamed, stemmed, and de-vined before being stone-ground into really great powder. Matcha Green Tea powder is then kept away from light and oxygen in order to protect its dazzling green color and antioxidant properties. This wonder elixir has been consumed for over a millennium in the Far East, and is now considered to be one of the most powerful super foods on the market today.
What Are the Health Benefits Of a Japanese Matcha Green Tea
Here we give you ten excellent reasons to enjoy a cup of Matcha Green Tea as part of your everyday regimen.
1. High in Antioxidants
We’ve all read this word before. Antioxidants are the magical nutrients and enzymes accountable for combating against the unfavorable results of UV radiation, offering us younger-looking skin, and avoiding a number of lethal maladies. Anti-oxidants are something that all health-conscious individuals look for from such foods as raw fruits, green veggies, and (let’s not forget) dark chocolate. The first fantastic benefit of Matcha Green Tea is that simply one bowl provides over 5 times as numerous anti-oxidants as other food– the greatest rated by the ORAC (oxygen extreme absorbance capacity) approach.
2. Filled with Catechin, EGCg
You might have currently heard that not all antioxidants are created equal. Green tea consists of a specific set of natural compounds known as catechins. Among anti-oxidants, catechins are the most potent and useful. One specific catechin called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) comprises 60% of the catechins in Matcha Green Tea. From all the anti-oxidants, EGCg is the most commonly acknowledged for its cancer combating properties. Researchers have actually discovered that Matcha Green Tea contains over 100 times more EGCg than any other tea on the marketplace.
3. Improves Calm
For over a millennium, Matcha Green Tea has been used by Chinese Daoists and Japanese Zen Buddhist monks as a means to unwind and meditate while remaining alert. Now we understand that this higher state of consciousness is because of the amino acid L-Theanine included in the leaves used to make Matcha. L-Theanine promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain which induces relaxation without the intrinsic sleepiness triggered by other “downers.”
4. Enhances Memory and Concentration
Another side-effect of L-Theanine is the production of dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals serve to boost mood, improve memory, and promote much better concentration– something that can benefit everybody!
5. Increases Energy Levels and Endurance
Samurai, the honorable warriors of middle ages and early-modern Japan, consumed Matcha Green Tea before going into battle due to the tea’s stimulating properties. While all green tea naturally includes caffeine, the energy boost received from Matcha is mostly due to its distinct mix of other nutrients. The increased endurance from a bowl of Matcha Green Tea can last approximately 6 hours and since of the results of L-Theanine, Matcha drinkers experience none of the usual side-effects of stimulants such as anxiousness and hypertension. It’s good, clean energy.
6. Burns Calories
Drinking Matcha Green Tea has actually likewise been shown to increase metabolism and assist the body burn fat about four times faster than average. Again, unlike lots of diet aides presently on the marketplace, Matcha causes no unfavorable side-effects such as increased heart rate and hypertension.
7. Detoxifies the Body
During the last three weeks before tea leaves are gathered to be made into Matcha, Camellia sinensis are covered to deny them of sunshine. This causes a significant increase in chlorophyll production in the brand-new growth of these plants. The resulting high levels of chlorophyll in Matcha Green Tea not just offer this tea its gorgeous vibrant green color. Matcha is also a powerful detoxifier efficient in naturally removing heavy metals and chemical contaminants from the body.
8. Strengthens the Immune System
The catechins in Matcha Green Tea have actually been shown to have antibiotic properties which promote overall health. Furthermore, just one bowl of Matcha Green Tea offers substantial quantities of Potassium, Vitamins A & C, Iron, Protein, and Calcium. Additional research studies have even suggested that the nutrients in Matcha may have the ability to inhibit the attacks of HIV on human T-cells.
9. Enhances Cholesterol
Researchers aren’t totally specific how Matcha Green Tea has such a positive result on cholesterol, nevertheless research studies of various populations have show that people who drink Match Green Tea regularly have lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol while at the same time displaying greater levels of HDL (good) cholesterol. Men who drink Matcha Green Tea have to do with 11% less likely to develop heart disease than those who don’t drink Matcha.
Finally, the tenth and last benefit of drinking Matcha Green Tea …
10. Amazing Flavor
Drinking something even if it’s healthy can be a lot like swallowing medicine. It’s unpleasant and you fear it, however you feel bound to do it. After all, it’s good for you … right? Sure, but would not you rather eagerly anticipate improving your total well-being? Obviously you would!
Luckily, unlike a lot of other teas which require sugar, milk, or lemon to make them palatable to the average consumer, Matcha is definitely fantastic all by itself. It’s crisp vegetative notes are matched by the tasty taste of the L-Theanine amino acid making Matcha a tea that is genuinely unique in every method. So kick back, relax, and take pleasure in a tasty bowl of hot Matcha.
How to Drink Matcha Tea for Weight Loss
The major anti-oxidant in green tea – EGCG – is connected to prospective weight-loss benefits, and matcha has more of it than regular green tea. The EGCG concentration from drinking matcha is 3 times greater than that of regular green tea, inning accordance with an analysis the “Journal of Chromatography” reported in September 2003.
The EGCG in matcha might enhance your metabolism during moderate-intensity workout, therefore enhancing weight loss, recommends a little study. On average, green tea extract increased study individuals’ fat-burning abilities by 17 percent when they engaged in biking exercise for 30 minutes. This research study only had 12 topics, so more studies are required using a bigger sample size and real brewed tea rather of the extract. Fortunately is that the quantity of EGCG used in the study might be found in a cup or 2 of matcha tea, based on studies released in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in March 2008.
Take advantage of the health advantages of matcha by changing your morning cup of Joe with this health-promoting tea. To incorporate it into your weight-loss strategy, drink matcha tea between meals. Sipping tea with your treats might assist keep your appetite in check while you follow a reduced-calorie diet. EGCG stimulates hormones that assist you feel complete, inning accordance with an experiment the Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition released in September 2015. To improve your fat-burning capacity during exercises, have a cup of matcha 30 minutes before exercising. For optimal weight reduction, it’s crucial to combine a nutritious reduced-calorie diet with regular exercise.
Making Matcha Green Tea
Preparing matcha in this manner is soothing and centering – letting you take in the appeal of the moment. Do not fret about the actions too much. Consider it as just including water to tea. It ends up being instinctive with time.
- Heat water to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Fill about half of your chawan (tea bowl) with the hot water to warm up the bowl. Position your chasen (matcha whisk) in the bowl with the warm water to soften the tips.
- Remove the chasen, and pour out the water in the chawan. Take your cloth to gently dry the chawan.
- Using a chashaku (bamboo scoop), place 2 scoops of matcha green tea powder into a sifter that is resting on your chawan.
- Carefully sort the matcha into the bottom of your chawan. If required, use the back of the chashaku to make sure all the matcha gets through the fine screen. Sifting before whisking assists produce a smoother matcha, and will enable you to have a nicer froth.
- Pour about 3-4 ounces of hot water into your chawan. Make sure your water is at about 160 degrees Fahrenheit. In some cases I discover if it cooled off too quickly, the matcha isn’t really as easy to whisk and froth. I also discover if the water is too hot, the matcha may taste bitter. If you don’t have a variable temperature kettle, or a thermometer to inform you of the specific water temperature, boil water as you typically would and let it cool down for about 3 minutes prior to using it for your matcha.
- Do not handle your chasen as you would with a kitchen whisk. Instead, hold the chasen’s handle vertically from the top. When it concerns really whisking your bowl of matcha, the secret is in the wrist. Rather of your whole arm, use your wrist to carefully move the whisk in a “W” shape and your other hand comprehended onto the side of the chawan. I want to start out gradually, and slowly increasing speed, being careful not to touch the bottom of the chawan or that will damage the chasen. When you see a beautiful froth, slowly bring the chasen to the surface area of the matcha and very gently continue the “W” shape movement to get rid of any big matcha bubbles on the surface. The smaller sized the bubbles, the much better. If you do not get a wonderful layer of froth right away, do not stress! It takes practice when you make matcha part of your lifestyle, the froth you develop when whisking will keep improving.
Enjoy your matcha straight from the bowl!