Blood blister can establish throughout our mouth and not just in the cheek area. They can likewise appear on the tongue and gums and cause severe pain while brushing. Identifying a blood blister in mouth cheek is very easy as their morphology is rather similar to pimples. Now let’s take a good look at why we have these blood blisters and how to handle them.
What Causes Blood Blister in Mouth Cheek?
There are numerous causes for establishing a blood blister in your mouth cheek; however, just a couple of them are treatable.
1. Oral Ulcers
They take place when there are excessive microbes within the oral cavity. And side effects of some anti-infection medications likewise can cause oral ulcers. There are 2 types of oral ulcer: canker sore and cold sore. Canker sores frequently appear in the mouth and are the main factor for mouth blister. The impacted individuals will have little oval-shaped white blisters with pus and blood trapped in them.
Usage of irritants has actually also been connected to the development of blood blisters, specifically after eating. Citrus rich foods are widely known for causing blood blister in your mouth. A small quantity of prescribed medications has the ability to trigger danger allergic reactions which can likewise, in turn, stimulate the advancement of blisters.
3. Angina Bullosa Haemorrhagica
This condition, also referred to as ABH, typically impacts senior citizens and generally develops underneath the tongue or on your inner cheek. These blood blisters generally burst right after they are formed, leaving behind some affected open wounds.
4. Vitamin Deficiency
If you cannot get enough vitamins from your diet, then you are probably to have a blood blister in your mouth. For example, lack of vitamin C and B12 from food could combat their innate abilities and lead to the accumulation of blood blisters in mouth cheek.
5. Low Platelet Count
Platelet is responsible for blood clotting. With a low platelet count, your blood can’t clot efficiently and properly, and more blood flow into your mucous membranes or seep closer to your skin. In this scenario, you are most likely to establish blood blister in mouth cheek.
6. Oral Herpes
This condition causes blood blisters to form on the inner cheek, gums, tongue and/or the roof of the mouth. It is brought on by the herpes simplex virus 1 and symptoms, like pain, a burning experience, tiredness and fever, will be felt.
7. Other Causes
- You will regularly discover a blood blister in the mouth of alcoholics, due to the fact that alcohol can cause ulcerations inside your mouth
- You may injure the inner tissues of your cheek when eating tough food items or just accidently biting your cheeks. This kind of injury increases your chances of getting blood blister.
- Skin infections within the mouth.
- Intake of incredibly acidic foods
- Hormonal stress
- Raised high blood pressure
- Irregular dentures
- Bowel disease
- Dysfunction in Neutrophils
- Behcet’s disease
How to Deal With Blood Blister in Mouth Cheek
These oral blood blisters are moderate and may vanish with time. But if you have consistent blisters or you want to accelerate your recovery procedure, here are 2 simple ways to assist you out.
- If your blisters are an outcome of bacterial infections or herpes, then you ought to consult a doctor who may prescribe antiviral medicines for you.
- In major conditions, you can likewise get prescribed pain relievers to minimize your pain.
- You can also take an aspirin, put it in your mouth and rinse with water (you can blend it with 1 tsp. of salt) or your regular anti-bacterial mouth wash.
- Besides, medicated mouth washes, ulcer gels, medicated toothpastes and corticosteroids will be used to treat your blisters.
Use Home Remedies
A blood blister in mouth cheek is quickly irritated, so you need to pay very close attention to your every day life to avoid triggers and use some natural home remedy to relieve your condition. For instance, you ought to prevent spicy or acidic foods because they can harm the inner lining in your mouth which prevents the healing of blisters. Here are more natural home remedy to help treat your blisters:
- Drink tomato juice or mulberry juice
- Chew basil leaves twice daily
- Eat bananas with curd
- Apply peppermint oil or garlic oil to your blisters or chew a garlic pod
- Swish with a mixture of honey and coconut powder
- Alternatively, rinse with cold and hot water
- Apply a mix of glycerin and turmeric powder on the blisters
- Apply honey or honey wax on the blisters
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash twice daily
- Chew cardamom grains
- Apply aloe-vera juice to the blisters
- Brush your teeth with your finger rather of toothbrushes
- Prevent using toothpaste with a high concentration of salt lauryl sulfate