Water can be an effective ally in your fight against the bulge. Not just does water help fill you up so you eat less, however thirst is often incorrect for cravings. Keeping yourself well-hydrated may prevent the treat attacks that lead to diet derailment. As an included reward, drinking plenty of water can help you increase your energy levels, flush out toxins, enhance your skin and increase resistance.
What are in the article?
How Many Ounces in 3 Liters of Water?
First of all let’s find out how many oz are in 3 liters. 3 liters of water equivalent to 34 ounces. It is the same as drink about 12.5 cups of water a day.
Drinking 3 liters of Water a Day for Weight Loss: Useful Tips
- Keep a water bottle with you at all times. Drink from it whenever you remember. If you drink from it only when you are thirsty, you might currently be dehydrated and behind schedule. When your bottle is empty, refill it. Monitor how typically you refill it during the day to track how much water you’ve taken in.
- Set an alarm clock on your phone or computer to remind you to drink at specific times of the day. 3 liters is about 12 cups of water a day. Set your alarm to go off every hour and drink 1 cup of water each time your alarm goes off.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruits, which adds to your water consumption. Some fresh fruit and vegetables is particularly water-rich, such as watermelon with 93 percent water, and cucumber, which is 96 percent water, according to iytmed.com. According to a short article published in “Nutrition Reviews” in August 2010, about 22 percent of Americans’ water consumption comes from food.
- Drink a huge glass of water whenever you feel hungry. You may believe you want a treat when actually you’re thirsty. Wait a few minutes after you drink the water to see if you’re still starving. Chances are, you will have suppressed your appetite and come 1 cup closer to meeting your 3-liter goal.
Consuming too much water can cause a condition called hyponatremia, where your blood salt becomes diluted and dangerously low. Severe hyponatremia can cause water intoxication, which can be deadly.
- Buy a water bottle that is measured in half or complete liters to make it easier to track how much water you are consuming.
- Keep a spare water bottle in your car or in your workplace in case you forget yours.
Things You’ll Need
- Water bottle
- Fruits and vegetables