Itchy Nipples in Males
Nipple itch is a common symptom of allergies, inflammation, or perhaps physical inflammation, and is defined by a tingling, annoying or uneasy sensation on the surface area of the skin. It might occur in conditions that affect the nipple area itself or in association with more generalized conditions, such as hives or eczema.
Other typical causes of nipple itch consist of chemical irritants, such as soap and laundry detergent, dry skin, and medication side effects. Contact dermatitis can also lead to nipple itch Depending on the cause, an itching sensation may happen in one or both nipples, and it might be accompanied by soreness, pain, swelling, or discharge from the influenced nipples.
Allergies can lead to an itching sensation in both nipples and in some cases throughout the whole chest, specifically if you have been exposed to poison ivy or comparable plants. In uncommon cases, nipple itching is a symptom of breast cancer. If you have Paget’s disease of the breast, you may have nipple itch in addition to discomfort, weeping and crusting.
Look for instant medical care (call 911) if you, or somebody you are with, experience nipple itch together with abrupt facial or throat swelling, problem breathing, a modification in level of consciousness, or severe abdominal pain, as these may signify anaphylaxis, a dangerous allergic reaction.
If your nipple itch is relentless or causes you issue, look for prompt treatment.
Itchy Nipples in Males Symptoms
Nipple itch may accompany other symptoms, which differ depending upon the underlying disease, disorder or condition. Symptoms that regularly affect the breasts might also involve other body systems.
Breast Symptoms That May Occur Along With Nipple Itch in Males
Nipple itch might accompany other symptoms affecting the breast including:
- Breast pain
- Burning feeling
- Breast swelling
- Nipple cracking
- Nipple crusting
- Nipple discharge that might be bloody or straw colored
- Nipple inflammation
- Nipple that is turned-in or flat
- Rash or sore on the breast or nipple
- Soreness, warmth or swelling
- Skin thickening
Other Symptoms That May Take Place Together With Nipple Itch
Nipple itch may associated with symptoms connected to other body systems consisting of:
- Bigger lymph nodes
- Queasiness with or with vomiting
- Peeling skin
- Inflammation, heat or swelling
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath or fast breathing (tachypnea).
- Wheezing (whistling noise made with breathing).
Serious Symptoms of Nipples Itch That Might Suggest a Dangerous Condition for Men
In many cases, nipple itch might accompany other symptoms that may indicate a serious or life-threatening condition which ought to be instantly assessed in an emergency setting. Seek instant healthcare (call 911) if you, or someone you are with, have any of these dangerous symptoms including:
- Modification in level of consciousness or awareness, such as losing consciousness or unresponsiveness.
- Respiratory or breathing issues, such as shortness of breath, trouble breathing, labored breathing, wheezing, not breathing, or choking.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Abrupt swelling of the face, lips or tongue.
- Wheezing (whistling sound made with breathing).
What Causes Itchy Nipples in Males?
Men’s nipple itch is a typical symptom of allergic reactions, inflammation, and even physical irritation, which is defined by a tingling, irritating or anxious feeling on the surface of the skin. It might take place in conditions affecting the nipple area itself or in association with more generalized conditions, such as hives or eczema.
Other common causes of nipple itch in males include chemical irritants such as soap and laundry cleaning agent, dry skin, and medication side effects. In uncommon cases, nipple itch is a symptom of breast cancer.
Skin Causes of Nipple Itch
Nipple itch may be brought on by skin disorders consisting of:
- Atopic dermatitis (skin inflammation caused by an allergen).
- Contact dermatitis (localized skin irritation brought on by contact with a specific substance).
- Dry skin.
- Eczema (skin inflammation or swelling).
Other Causes of Nipple Itch
Nipple itch can also have other causes including:
- Breast cancer.
- Drug allergy to a medication such as penicillin or codeine.
- Food allergic reactions (allergic reaction to particular foods).
- Insect bite allergic reaction, such as to a bee sting.
- Medication side effects.
- Paget’s disease of the breast (unusual form of cancer that influences the nipple).
- Parasite problem such as scabies.
Why Does My Right Nipple Itch?
Atopic dermatitis is a typical reason for an itchy right or left nipple. This kind of dermatitis is likewise called eczema, which is an inflammation of the skin. While its cause is unknown, atopic dermatitis can cause dry skin, itching, and rash on one or both nipples in men.
Dry skin can also cause your nipples to itch.
Severe or Life-threatening Causes of Nipple Itch in Men
Sometimes, nipple itch, in mix with a change the level of consciousness, severe abdominal pain, or sudden swelling of the face, lips or tongue, might be a symptom of anaphylaxis, a major or life-threatening condition which must be immediately assessed in an emergency setting.
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Visit a Doctor
To detect your condition, your doctor or certified healthcare professional will ask you several concerns associated with your nipple itch consisting of:
- When did you first observe the nipple itch?
- Is the itch localized to the nipple, or does it impact a bigger area?
- Do you have other symptoms?
- What medications are you taking?
What Are the Potential Complications of Nipple Itch on Men?
Since nipple itch can be due to major illness, failure to look for treatment can result in severe complications and permanent damage. As soon as the underlying cause is identified, it is necessary for man to follow the treatment strategy that you and your health care professional design specifically for you to reduce the risk of possible complications including:
- Anaphylaxis (lethal allergy).
- Severe discomfort or pain.
- Spread of cancer.