Thickened toenails look rather unattractive, but fortunately, there are methods to make your toenails look better. To soften toenails, you first have to figure out exactly what is impacting your toenails in the first place. Thickened toenails might be the result of aging, but an injury to the toenail and toenail fungus can also be the underlying reason for thick toenails. Let’s discover what you can do to soften your toenails to make them look lovely again.
How to Soften Hard Toenails
Lots of people attempt to cut thick toenails and wind up breaking them. Rather of trying them using a nail clipper, you ought to first soften toenails then cut them thoroughly. Here is one of the best home remedy solition:
- Start by preparing the tub. You can simply put a gallon of warm water into the deep basin, bathtub, or dishpan. Mix about 2 1/2 tablespoons of salt in it.
- Soak your feet into the solution for half an hour. You must soak them for more than 30 minutes if your toenails are very thick.
- Get your feet from the tub and pat them dry using a soft towel.
- Take a softening cream and apply it on your toenails. Cut your toenails right away.
Your toenails are likely to become soft after you soak them in the solution, however the treatment may not always work. If soaking and softening cream do not work, you might wish to attempt the following:
- Rather of soaking your feet, apply Vicks Vaporub directly on your impacted toenails two times a day. It is better to apply it as soon as in the morning and once again in the evening prior to bedtime.
- To obtain much better outcomes, consider using hydrogen peroxide on your toenails prior to using Vicks Vaporub.
- This typically works much better than prescription medications.
- In terms of how to soften toenails, applying tea tree oil on your thick toenails might likewise help. It works since it has antifungal and anti-bacterial properties. It avoids infection and softens your toenails in a short time. Mix 4oz of olive oil with an ounce of tea tree oil. Do not take tea tree oil internally and make sure to dilute it before use.
- White vinegar has antibacterial properties and is a terrific treatment for thick toenails. You have to dip a cotton ball in the vinegar and rub it directly on your affected toenails. Repeat twice a day and then clip your toenails when they feel soft enough. Trimming your nails regularly is extremely important to assist make your toenails look much better. Soaking your feet in a mixture of white vinegar and water may also assist make your toenails soft.
How to Cut Thick Toenails
Learning how to soften hard toenails is important but it is equally essential to understand properly of cutting your thick and hard toenails. Here is how to manage the procedure:
1. Get the Right Tools
Prior to you start trimming thick toenail, you need to get nail grinding tools first. You will require a thinning tool along with a podiatry-grade nail mill. Electric nail mills are likewise offered with bits created to deal with thick toenails. If you can not discover it, make certain to discover another kind of toenail clipper. Under no circumstances must you be using fingernail clippers on your thick toenails.
2. Prepare Your Toenails
If you have no concept of how to soften toenails, use the techniques mentioned currently. Soaking your toes in warm saline solution for a few minutes really help make your toenails soft enough for cutting.
3. Start from the Top of the Big Toenail
You must use a toenail mill on the top of the huge toenail. Do it while your toenails are still somewhat damp. You will need to apply gentle pressure to grind it properly. Keep grinding until it gets to normal thickness.
4. Move to the Sides
Once you have worked on the top of the huge toenail, you must then move to the sides. Apply gentle pressure just while moving up and down the side of your nail. It is important to thin the sides due to the fact that it helps avoid ingrown toenails.
5. Work on the Smaller Toenails
Once you have actually dealt with the sides of the big toenail, you must then carry on to the smaller sized toenails. Keep grinding it up until it reaches normal thickness. Be sure to apply mild pressure to avoid injury. You can take a break if it feels that your toenail is still thick and difficult. Soak your feet once again tomorrow and continue grinding.
6. Reduce the Nails
After grinding your toenails, you must shorten the nails. You can use your nail clipper to get rid of any loose parts. Be sure to start from the suggestion of the toenail. You must also be clipping much shorter and much shorter due to the fact that these toenails are likely to break additional in as you continue to clip. You should always clip these toenails straight throughout since rounded toenails can cause ingrown nails.