Carbs in Cherry Tomatoes

The most of the calories in cherry tomatoes are in from carbohydrates. Carbohydrates generally have a bad reputation, but they are an important part of your diet. You require a lot of carbohydrates to get you through your busy early morning, chaotic work schedule and night aerobics class. Thankfully, tomatoes are abundant in carbs, while only supplying a percentage of calories. Whether you toss a few onto your salad at lunch or treat on cherry tomatoes as an afternoon pick-me-up, you won’t need to feel guilty about destroying your diet.

Table Describes Quantity of Carbohydrates in Cherry Tomatoes Net Carbs(g) Sugar(g)
1 Cherry Tomato 0.47 0.45
10 Cherry Tomatoes 4.66 4.47
1/2 cup 2.02 1.96
1 cup 4.04 3.92

Carbs and Calories

One cup of cherry tomatoes, weighing around 150 grams, has about 25 calories and somewhat more than 5.5 grams of carbohydrates, inning accordance with the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference. Due to the fact that carbohydrates have 4 calories per gram, this totals up to almost 90 percent calories from carbohydrates. The remaining 10 percent of calories originates from trace amounts of protein and fat.

Sugar Functions

All the carbs in cherry tomatoes come from various types of sugar, such as fructose, dextrose and a small amount of sucrose. You probably hear a great deal of bad aspects of sugar. Nevertheless, naturally taking place sugar in fruits, vegetables and other foods is a healthy part of your diet, given that these foods likewise have great deals of vitamins and minerals. Sugar breaks down rapidly and converts into glucose. Each cell in your body uses glucose as the main energy source. Your brain in particular uses only glucose for fuel versus cells in other parts of your body that can turn to broken-down fat and protein for energy if needed.

Carbohydrate Requirement

Most of your calories — between 45 and 65 percent– have to originate from carbs, reports the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you usually stay with a 2,000-calorie diet, you’ll require 900 to 1,300 calories from carbs or 225 to 325 grams of carbs. The 5.5 grams of carbs in 1 cup of cherry tomatoes takes up only about 2 to 3 percent of your day-to-day carb allocation for a 2,000-calorie diet.

The Fiber Exception

Fiber is the exception to the rule. You just get fiber from plant foods, like tomatoes. Although fiber is a type of carbohydrate, it does not provide calories nor does it change into glucose, according to Fiber is vital for a healthy gastrointestinal tract and consistency. For every 1,000 calories in your diet, you need 14 grams of fiber, notes the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Based on 2,000 calories each day, you’ll need 28 grams of fiber. One cup of cherry tomatoes has more than 2 grams of fiber, or around 7 percent of your fiber needs for the day.

Serving Tips

Cherry tomatoes are satisfying hot or cold. As a fast treat or appetiser, set sliced cherry tomatoes with fresh mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of balsamic dressing. If you’re making pasta for supper, sneak a few quartered cherry tomatoes into your meal to increase the fiber material of your preferred meal. Cherry tomatoes are likewise the best size to put on top of your pizza. These flavorful, robust tomatoes blend completely with almost any dish.

If you buy something through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission.

Health Recovery Tips
Add a comment