Individually or in combination, coconut oil and olive oil are natural treatments to promote healthy hair. Both fight dryness, with a coconut oil treatment being especially reliable in avoiding frizz. Research in a 2003 concern of the “Journal of Cosmetic Science,” said coconut oil penetrates deep into the hair shaft and, when used as a pre- and postwash treatment, also protects hair from protein loss, which can result in hair damage. Adding olive oil to the coconut oil hair treatment will moisturize your scalp and prevent flakes.’
What are in the article?
Suggested Uses Coconut Oil and Olive Oil for Hair Growth
Coconut oil is solid at room temperature. You’ll have to warm it gently– however not too much or risk a burn– so you can blend it with olive oil and use it easily to your hair. Use a ratio of one part coconut oil to one part olive oil. Apply the warm mix to your hairs, cover your hair in a plastic bag and then cover with a towel. Permit the blend to penetrate for about 45 minutes, recommends “Reader’s Digest,” and after that shampoo.
Does Coconut Oil help your Hair Grow?
- Coconut oil is antifungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial. It prevents dandruff and detoxifies the scalp.
- Coconut oil hydrates the scalp and hair, safeguarding them from sun, wind, contamination, and other harmful pollutants.
- The lauric acid, capric acid, and other necessary fatty acids in coconut oil bind to proteins in hair, reinforcing the roots and strands in order to lower breakage.
- When used to massage the scalp, coconut oil enhances blood circulation, guaranteeing that hair gets the oxygen and nutrients it needs to grow.
- Coconut oil consists of anti-oxidants and vitamins E and K, which leave hair softer and shinier.
- Coconut permeates deep into hair and conditions to prevent frizz and split ends.
- The linoleic acid in coconut oil hydrates hair and enhances flexibility, avoiding damage. O leic acid helps to obtain thicker and more powerful hair naturally.
How to Use Coconut Oil for Hair Growth
Use it as your regular food preparation oil in order to improve general health, and try all the methods listed below until you discover the one that works best for you.
1. Coconut Oil
- Warm a jar of coconut oil in warm water.
- Wash hair with warm water and use fingertips to apply coconut oil on wet scalp.
- Massaging in circles for 3 minutes to boost the blood circulation.
- Comb oil through hair, cover with shower cap, and leave on 1 hour or over night.
- Rinse with warm water, wash with natural, sulfate free shampoo, and towel dry.
- Conditioner is not essential as coconut oil serves the exact same functions.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
- Note: You can apply oil without wetting the hair.
2. Coconut Oil with Hair shampoo
This procedure stimulates the hair, scalp and follicles without blocking and causing hair loss.
- Mix equal quantities of coconut oil and your regular shampoo.
- Use on the hair and leave for few minutes
- Wash your hair normally.
- Keep in mind: Use some coconut oil to hair after shampooing to hydrate and conditioner your hair to dry, dull and brittle hair.
Benefits of Olive Oil for Hair Growth
The advantages of using olive oil on stressed hair strands are abundant.
- Among the most shocking benefits of olive oil is that it can avoid and even cure hair loss. When people lose hair, it is because of a hormonal agent accountable for the shrinkage of the hair roots shaft. However, the production of that hormone, called DHT (dihydrotestosterone), is obstructed when olive oil is applied to the scalp.
- The total health of the scalp likewise takes advantage of olive oil. A healthy scalp corresponds to healthy hair. And the natural conditioner properties of olive oil include moisture to the scalp: an area that individuals have the tendency to overlook.
- Besides recovery a scaly and dry scalp; olive oil makes hair soft and shiny. Take a look at the items in the hair care aisle at your local seller: many of them now claim to consist of olive oil. This is for good reasons.
- Olive oil also has antibacterial buildings and antifungal homes that eradicate typical scalp and hair issues. Head lice and dandruff are two examples of conditions that can be either prevented or hindered by the application of olive oil to the scalp.
How to Use Olive Oil for Hair Growth
Once you understand the benefits of using olive oil for healthy hair growth, you will need to know the simplest way to use it. The response is easy:
- Just put a small amount in your palms and massage it into your scalp, carefully, and continue down to completion of your strands. For around a half hour after your hair is coated, keep your hair wrapped with a damp towel or shower cap in order to give it time to soak into the scalp and hair itself. Be sure to wash and condition your hair after the treatment as you usually would.
- There is a basic way making your very own conditioner with olive oil. Attempt integrating around half a cup of olive oil with one egg yolk and a few drops of lemon juice in a little bowl. Stir well to integrate and add the mix to your scalp, making sure to obtain the entire head of hair layered. You may require basically depending upon the length. Leave the homemade conditioner in for 15 minutes and just rinse.
- You can likewise use your microwave to make a deep conditioning paste by including aromatic honey and cinnamon. Into a microwave-safe bowl, include 1 cup of olive oil and heat for around ten seconds till it is warm: not hot. Then add around 1/4 cup of honey and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Combine into a paste and apply to the hair, leaving it on for fifteen minutes. Rinse with a shampoo making sure to get rid of any sticky honey residue. Repeat at least as soon as each week.
With the range of olive oils on the marketplace, it can be simple to obtain puzzled regarding which you should purchase for healthy hair growth. It is best to always buy extra virgin olive oil, as this type is processed without using chemicals and is in its purest kind. You may also want to explore different types of oil added to the extra virgin olive oil. Combine equal parts of extra virgin olive oil with sweet almond oil which helps avoid split ends and improves flow of the scalp.
Taking care of your hair naturally does not need to involve a range of costly and inadequate hair items. The benefits of using olive oil for hair growth are not only reliable and natural, but likewise budget-friendly.