How to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes Fast
Dark staining of the skin under the eye is generally described as dark circles or bags under eyes. It is also known as dark rings or shadows.
A few of the main causes behind the development of dark circles are heredity, aging, dry skin, extended weeping, working for long hours in front of a computer, psychological or physical stress, absence of sleep and an unhealthy diet. Both men and women of different age groups can have dark circles.
Easy and Fast Ways How to Get Rid of Bags Under Your Eyes
Dark bags under eyes are not a severe skin problem, however they make people look tired, unhealthy and older. You can quickly get rid of unattractive shadows under your eyes utilizing some easy natural home remedy.
Here are the best 10 methods to get rid of bags under eyes fast.
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil is an excellent natural active ingredient that is really beneficial for the fragile skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to remove dark circles under the eyes.
- Prior to going to sleep, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and carefully massage it into the skin.
- Leave it on over night.
- The next early morning, clean it off with cold water.
Follow this solution daily until the dark bags under your eyes vanish.
Cucumbers have skin-lightening and moderate astringent properties that help repair those raccoon eyes naturally. Plus, they have a relaxing and rejuvenating effect.
- Cut a fresh cucumber into thick pieces and chill them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Put the pieces onto the impacted skin area for about 10 minutes. Wash the area with water. Repeat two times daily for about a week or more.
- Another choice is to blend cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to use the mix on the impacted skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Follow this remedy daily for a minimum of one week.
3. Raw Potato
There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and eliminate puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate a couple of raw potatoes to draw out the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and location it over your closed eyes. Ensure the juice covers the dark circles under your eyes along with the eyelids. Enable the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water. Repeat one or two times daily for a couple of weeks.
- Rather of potato juice, you can likewise use thick potato pieces to get rid of dark bags under eyes fast.
4. Rose Water
Rose water has unbelievable ingredient for skin care. It revitalizes the skin and has a calming result on tired eyes. Due to its moderate astringent properties, it likewise works as an excellent skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in pure increased water for a few minutes.
- Put the drenched pads on your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy two times daily for a couple of weeks.
Tomatoes have whitening residential or commercial properties that can lighten skin to a terrific extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Gently apply this mix on the dark circles and enable it to sit for 10 minutes. Rinse it off with water. Follow this treatment twice a day for a couple of weeks. Simply using tomato juice will likewise work.
- You can likewise drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For optimal results, make sure to drink this juice right away after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
6. Lemon Juice
The vitamin C present in lemon juice can likewise help get rid of dark circles under the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening properties.
- Use a cotton ball to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and wash it off. Do this daily for a couple of weeks.
- Another alternative is to make a thick paste by blending one tablespoon of lemon juice, two tablespoons of tomato puree, a pinch of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Apply this thick paste gently around your eyes.
- Rinse it off with clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times weekly.
Note: If the lemon juice causes a burning sensation then stop its use.
7. Coconut Oil
Rubbing with coconut oil is another reliable natural treatment to lighten dark bags under eyes. Due to its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also promotes smooth skin and avoids wrinkles and fine lines under eyes.
- Just massage some extra-virgin coconut oil on the under eye area.
- Leave it on for a few hours, then clean it off.
Repeat two to three times daily for a few months or up until you are satisfied with the results.
8. Tea Bags
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly helpful for eliminating dark circles along with puffiness under eyes by diminishing the capillary and reducing fluid retention. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and staining.
- Chill 2 used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and clean your face.
- Repeat one or two times daily for a couple of weeks.
Note: Be mindful not to obtain the tea in your eyes.
9. Cold Compress
Cold compress can restrict the blood vessels under the eyes and help a lot in reducing eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth in cold water or cold milk. Put it over your closed eyelids for a number of minutes.
- Alternatively, you can cover a couple of ice in a soft napkin and location it under your eyes for a couple of minutes. You can also use a bag of frozen peas, a cooled teabag or a cold spoon.
Follow these solutions a couple of times daily.
Turmeric has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce bags under your eyes. It will likewise make the skin around your eyes smoother and softer.
- Mix 2 teaspoons each of turmeric powder with pineapple juice to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste to the afflicted area.
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes prior to wiping it away with a soft, moist fabric.
- Do this everyday up until you get favorable outcomes.
- Limit sun exposure.
- To prevent eye bags triggered by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding 2 or more pillows under your head before falling asleep.
- Prevent rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, therefore making the under eye circles appear darker.
- Drink a lot of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the issue.
- Stop cigarette smoking and limit alcohol and caffeine usage; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn compromises the delicate skin around the eyes.
- Eliminate your cosmetics prior to going to sleep or else it might irritate your eyes.
- Take note of your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
- Get adequate sleep and rest.
Last modified: November 14, 2016