When dealing with hip pain at night – first determine the cause of your hip pain. Then, eliminate the cause and there is around an 80% chance that you will then be ok.
Hip Hurts At Night: What Does It Feel Like?
A few years earlier, I suffered a few bad night’s sleep due to severe right hip pain. Now, I frequently see customers who have this problem at my center – however suffering it myself has actually helped me to describe both why it takes place, and what you need to do to obtain rid of it!
Concerning my own episode, the intriguing thing was that – within minutes of rising my hip pain was disappearing, and by 11 a.m. it was gone – however I was left wondering would my hip pain return once again that night?
The answer was no – it did not! But that was because I knew what to do to prevent it from re-occurring night after night. If you are suffering from hip pain at night, you need to identify cause of your hip pain (get the help of a physiotherapist), get rid of the cause and there is around an 80% chance that you will then be okay.
Hip pain at night prevails. However, if you have hip pain at night AND throughout the day then you may need to check out further than simply this short article. But if you are suffering with hip pain at night only, I hope the following words will help you greatly!
To start with, let’s take a look at the common causes of hip pain at night. With each cause, we will take a look at the basic treatments and options required to reduce the chances of your hip pain from re-occurring.
What Are the Main Causes of Hip Pain at Night?
- Poor mattresses: Often a cause of hip pain at night, particularly in patients who sleep on their side, or on a mattress that is either too hard or too soft for their posture type. If your spine and hips are not supported properly as you sleep they will end up being strained and painful. This is often the cause, when you change position and find that your hip pain will disappear. If this is your problem, attempt oversleeping another bed and see if it eases your hip pain. I would likewise recommend that you take a look at your bed mattress. Understand, there is no ‘one size fits all’ bed mattress for hip pain. Some are much better than others however it is quite to your back type and posture. So, look for expert help concerning your posture type, and the type of bed mattress that best supports your posture, prior to you open your cheque book! I just recently had a customer who invested 3000 euro on a bed and having assessed her symptoms, it was clear that the brand-new bed was cause of her back and hip pain! As you can think of, my diagnosis was not preferred!
- Stiff lower back: If your lower back is stiff, then excess strain may be placed on your hip joint at night when lying in certain positions. You also might have hip and lower back pain at the same time. Correcting the internal movement in your lower back with the help of a therapist will fix your hip pain fully.
- Osteoarthritis: Is where there is wear and tear in your hip joint, and is a typical condition in the over 50’s age group. If exacerbated it ends up being inflamed and inflammation pain is typically worse at night. Lowering the inflammation is the essential with arthritic hip pain. Use stretching exercises alone (as directed by your physio therapist), or with anti-inflammatory medication when your pain is severe.
- Tight muscles: Around your hip and lower back can result in excess strain being placed on your hip in specific lying positions. Stretching these muscles will help your hip pain at night to disappear. Once again, look for professional recommendations on getting suitable stretching exercises for hip pain.
- Bowel problems: Can refer pain into the hip area. So if you are having bowel problems with or without night time hip pain, look for instant medical recommendations.
So consider a few of the possible causes of your hip pain at night and look to see how you can resolve it. In my case, I solved my hip pain through exercises and had to change my bed mattress. I hope this article helps you in identifying how you can treat your hip pain at night.