Anal pain – pain around your anus or rectum (perianal region)– is a typical grievance. Although many causes of pain near anus are benign, the pain itself can be severe due to the fact that of the many nerve endings in the perianal region.
Numerous conditions that cause anal pain might likewise cause rectal bleeding, which is generally more frightening than serious.
The causes of anal pain generally can be quickly detected. Anal pain generally can be treated with over the counter pain relievers and hot water soaks (sitz baths).
Pain Near Anus Causes
Causes of anal pain include:
- Anal cancer
- Anal crack (a small tear in the lining of the anal canal).
- Anorectal fistula (an unusual channel between the rectum or anus usually to the skin near the rectum).
- Chronic constipation.
- Coccydynia or coccygodynia (tailbone pain).
- Colon cancer.
- Crohn’s disease (a type of inflammatory bowel disease).
- Fecal impaction (a mass of solidified stool in the anus due to chronic constipation).
- Hemorrhoids (swollen and irritated veins in your anus or anus).
- Levator rectum syndrome (convulsion in the muscles that surround the rectum).
- Perianal hematoma (a collection of blood in the perianal tissue caused by a ruptured vein).
- Perianal abscess (pus in the deep tissue around the anus).
- Proctalgia fugax (fleeting pain due to rectal muscle convulsion).
- Proctitis (inflammation of the lining of the rectum).
- Pruritus rectums (perianal itching).
- Singular rectal ulcer syndrome (ulcer of the rectum).
- Thrombosed pile (blood clot in a hemorrhoid).
- Ulcerative colitis (a type of inflammatory bowel disease).
Causes revealed here are commonly connected with this symptom, according to iytmed.com. Deal with your doctor or other health care expert for an accurate diagnosis.
People experience: pain near anus…
- I have this pain on a muscle beside my anus and I noticed that the muscle is a bit swollen within. Which give me pain even while walking on my left butt pls help me with possible solution.
- I have had pain near my rectum and scrotum for around 4 days now I have difficulty walking sitting and its even worse when aiming to pass stools. The other day there was blood in my urine and I visited a doctor however he couldn’t recognize what was wrong with me and provided me some strong antibiotics which has actually not made any difference at all with the pain.
- Sometimes, I can ‘feel’ my pulse in my rectum usually after coughing or raising something. It occurs when I rest. Is this prolapse? I had a total hysterectomy years ago.
- About 5 days for now I have been experiencing some discomfort on the inside walls of my rectum. The discomfort had get worse where I’m not able to sit properly or cough without experiencing pain. What could be causing this?
- I recently noticed a spasm or twinge around my anal sphincter particularly whilst sitting or lying on my back. I likewise sense of fullness or pressure in my anus makings sitting quite sore and uncomfortable. On digital assessment my specialist did not discover an issue with my anal sphincter muscle nor is there an issue with the muscles of my spine. I also had a flexible siphincterotomy at the same time which was typical. My expert suggested taking Fibrogel to increase fiber and Amitriptyline 10mg at night to help unwind the colon.
- I had surgery (LIS) carried out 9 weeks back, and my anal pain is STILL incredibly painful! I use sitz bath 5X/daily, drink a great deal of water, eat a ton of fiber, and use topical gels, however nothing helps. Sitting or driving is practically Impossible! I stand up to eat. Don’t sleep long at all. Taking Percocet 7.5/ 325 4 times a day do absolutely nothing for the burning pain. Nothing in the world is even worse than this!