Individually, fever and chest pain are commonly an indicator that you must see your doctor. But if you experience fever and also chest pain at the same time, it is necessary to look for immediate clinical attention.
When To See a Doctor For a Fever
As an adult, you should call your doctor if your fever gets to 103 ° F or higher. You need to get prompt medical care if your fever is accompanied by:
- chest pain
- extreme headache
- unusual, aggravating rash
- mental confusion
- neck pain
- abdominal pain
- persistent vomiting
- pain when urinating
- seizures or convulsions
When To See a Doctor For Chest Pain
New or inexplicable chest pain can increase the issue of a heart attack. If you feel that you’re having a heart attack, promptly seek medical assistance. Your chances of making it through a heart attack are greater the faster emergency situation medical treatment begins.
According to the Centers for Illness Control as well as Prevention (CDC), in addition to chest pain and pain, the major symptoms of heart attack are:
- jaw, neck, or back pain
- arm or shoulder pain
- shortness of breath
Women may experience various other signs and symptoms of a heart attack, including inexplicable or uncommon:
Conditions That Have Fever And Chest Pain As Signs And Symptoms
There are a number of health conditions that may create both fever and chest pain, including:
- infectious esophagitis
The flu is an infectious respiratory system health problem that can be moderate, serious, or even deadly. It’s brought on by the influenza infection contaminating the nose, throat, and also lungs.
According to the CDC, generally concerning 8 percent of the population of the USA gets infected each flu season.
- Symptoms: headache, muscle pain, coughing, stale nose, tiredness, chills, sore throat, pressure or pain in chest or abdominal area, fever (not everybody with the flu will certainly have a fever).
- Treatment: rest, liquids, antiviral medicines.
Bronchitis is an infection of the mucous membrane that lines the bronchial tubes that bring air to as well as from your lungs.
- Symptoms: coughing, minor fever, chest discomfort, exhaustion, mucous production, chills, shortness of breath.
- Treatment: cough medicine, inhaler, antibiotics (if bacterial), humidifier.
Pneumonia is a swelling of the lungs caused by a viral or bacterial infection.
- Symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, fatigue, nausea, chills.
- Treatment: over the counter (OTC) medications such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or acetaminophen, liquids, humidifier, rest, antibiotics (if bacterial), oxygen therapy.
Myocarditis is an inflammation of the heart muscle.
- Symptoms: chest pain, exhaustion, fluid retention, arrhythmias, lack of breath, headache, fever, joint pain, aching throat.
- Treatment: beta-blockers (metoprolol, carvedilol), angiotensin transforming enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (enalapril, lisinopril), angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) (valsartan, losartan), diuretics.
Pericarditis is an inflammation of the cavity that surrounds the heart.
- Symptoms: chest pain (facility or left side), pain taking a trip to shoulder as well as neck, heart palpitations, tiredness, reduced grade fever, cough, swelling (leg or abdomen).
- Treatment: OTC medicines such as ibuprofen or aspirin, colchicine, corticosteroids.
Infectious esophagitis is irritation and also swelling of the esophagus, the tube linking your throat to your tummy. It’s brought on by an infection, bacteria, or a fungus.
- Symptoms: trouble swallowing, pain when ingesting, chest pain, fever, nausea.
- Treatment: antifungal drug (fluconazole) for fungal esophagitis, antiviral medicine (acyclovir) for viral esophagitis, antibiotics for bacterial esophagitis.
Individually, fever and also chest pain are a reason for issue and a go to with your doctor.
If you have fever and also chest pain at the same time, seek instant healthcare. It could be a sign of a severe health condition.