Home Remedies for Gas
Although the production of gas is a natural part of the digestive procedure, many individuals fear the possibility of passing gas in front of others. An uncontrollable fart at a troublesome time can make a person the butt of jokes for years to come. However bothersome gas is no laughing matter.
Excess gas in the stomach can be caused by a number of things, such as extreme drinking, not chewing your food completely, eating spicy and gas-forming food, too much stress, some sort of bacterial infection, or digestive disorders.
Symptoms of stomach gas include flatulence, foul breath, absence of hunger, a coating on the tongue, abdominal bloating, belching and even stomach pain.
Thankfully, this issue can be easily treated with some basic, natural home treatments.
Top 11 home remedies for gas
Cinnamon will relieve your stomach as well as prevent even more development of gas.
- Add half teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a cup of warm milk. Stir it well and then consume it. You can likewise put some honey.
- Alternatively, you can make cinnamon tea by including some cinnamon powder to a cup of boiling water. Let it high for a couple of minutes and then consume it.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, used in the treatment of indigestion, can also assist with gas. This solution will soothe the stomach and give you immediate relief. If apple cider vinegar is not readily available, you can attempt routine vinegar.
- Put two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water.
- Allow the water to cool to space temperature, then drink it.
Ginger is a reliable indigestion treatment and is likewise fantastic for relieving a gas issue.
- Take equivalent parts of ground ginger, fennel, and cardamom. Mix them thoroughly. Now, take a cup of water. Include one teaspoon of this mixture and a pinch of asafetida (hing) in it. Consume this one or two times a day.
- Alternatively, you can consume a little ginger juice blended with a pinch of asafetida.
- To avoid gas from forming, chew a fresh piece of ginger routinely after meals. You can also add percentages of dried or fresh ginger to your food.
- Drinking ginger tea can help manage the formation of gas in the stomach. Boil one tablespoon of ground ginger in water for a few minutes.
- Consume this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- Another option is to put a couple of drops of ginger essential oil to any sort of base oil and rub it on your stomach.
Buttermilk, specifically when integrated with carom seeds and black salt works as an excellent Ayurvedic treatment to alleviate gas and flatulence.
- Mix one teaspoon each of carom seeds (ajwain) and black salt in a cup of buttermilk. If you do not have carom seeds, utilize celery seeds.
- Drink this option.
5. Baking Soda and Lemon
One standard home treatment for gas is making use of lemon and sodium bicarbonate, which integrated makes an efficient antacid.
- Put the juice of one fresh lemon in a glass and add some sodium bicarbonate to it. This will trigger fizzing. Include some more baking soda and a cup of water and stir it well so the baking soda liquifies totally. Drink this slowly.
- For instant relief from stomach gas, you can add a percentage of baking soda to a glass of water and consume it on empty stomach.
The pungent heating quality present in garlic assists promote the gastric fire and therefore offers relief from stomach gas.
- Attempt some garlic soup to reduce gas and aid with proper digestion. For finest results, use fresh garlic.
- You can likewise boil some ground garlic in water for a few minutes, adding a small amount of black pepper and cumin seeds. Strain it and let it cool to room temperature. Drink this 2 or three times a day to see results in a couple of days.
Fennel is certainly the best ingredient for quick relief from bloating and gas.
- Put a few fennel seeds to a pot of warm water and let it simmer it for five minutes on a low temperature level. Strain the solution then consume it.
- You can likewise chew fresh fennel leaves if you can bear the taste.
- Alternatively, you can blend fennel, cardamom and mint leaves and boil them in water making a mixture that can assist with stomach gas.
Asafetida is likewise a reliable remedy against gas. It has anti-spasmodic and anti-flatulent homes.
- Simply include a pinch of asafetida to a glass of warm water, blend it well and drink it two or three times a day.
- You can also make a paste of asafetida by including a little water. Apply the paste on the stomach and allow it to dry for a couple of minutes.
- Soon your gas will dissipate.
- You can likewise put a small amount of asafetida into a ripe banana and eat it. Do this two times a day.
Peppermint can be used in various methods to treat a gas problem.
- Make tea by adding some fresh peppermint delegates a cup of boiling water and letting it steep for a few minutes. Strain it and add some honey.
- Drink the tea two or 3 times a day.
- You can likewise chew some peppermint leaves for fast relief.
- Additionally, you can put two drops of peppermint oil in one-half cup of cool water and drink it one or two times daily.
This is another common kitchen area spice that can accelerate digestion and give you relief from stomach gas.
- Merely put some roasted cardamom powder to veggies, rice or lentils before cooking to prevent gas.
- You can likewise chew entire pods of cardamom 2 or three times a day to relieve stomach gas.
- You can make a tea by soaking a couple of pods of cardamom together with a small piece of fresh ginger and one teaspoon of fennel in boiling water for numerous minutes. Drink this tea warm, a number of times a day.
- The next time you have stomach gas, just attempt any of these natural treatments. However, if you deal with this problem on a regular basis, keep a close eye on your diet and, if needed, see your doctor.
11. OTC medications
Over the counter treatments can likewise be attempted to ease the pain from gases. The remedies are,.
- Simethicone. Products such as Mylanta or Gelusil can likewise be made use of for this.
- Turned on charcoal. Activated charcoal can also be made use of however it may trigger other issues like constipation, throwing up, nausea or diarrhea. When you make use of activated charcoal, do not be alarmed if your stool turns black. It is not a sign of ulcer in stomach.
- Lactase supplements. Supplemental lactase can assist when you are lactose intolerant.
- Beano. Beano when added to vegetable helps in decreasing gas generation in stomach. Eat Beano with your first bite. It is inefficient later.
Last modified: August 8, 2016