Home Remedies for Yeast Infections in Pregnant Women
Yeast infections are likewise described as monilial vaginitis or vaginal candidiasis. A yeast infection is formed by microscopic fungis and is a common condition in pregnant women. A certain quantity of yeast can be found in the vagina. However when it grows faster than other competing organisms, it becomes a problem. Higher estrogen levels during pregnancy produce more glycogen, makings it simpler for yeast to grow in the vaginal walls. Symptoms include a vaginal discharge, itching, burning and redness.
What Are the Best Home Remedies for Yeast Infections during Pregnancy?
A safe way for a pregnant woman to treat yeast infections is to use yogurt. According to MedlinePlus, yogurt includes live cultures and acidophilus, which promotes the growth of good bacteria that is helpful in treating yeast infections. The yogurt can either be consumed orally or applied directly to the vaginal area. If using to the vagina, victims need to use unflavored yogurt and freeze it into a tampon applicator. The tampon applicator consisting of yogurt can then be placed into the vagina. This need to be performed one to two times a day while symptoms still exist. A pad must be used to catch any discharge.
According to MedlinePlus, garlic is another antifungal natural home remedy used to treat yeast infections. A fully peeled garlic clove can be placed into the vagina before going to bed; it usually works its way out in the morning. If it does not, it can also be pushed out of the vagina or gotten manually. Garlic can likewise be used as a supplement in gel cap type: the gel cap can be put straight into the vagina and will dissolve on its own. Garlic needs to be avoided by people with any blood conditions, as it can increase bleeding.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
According to NaturalNews.com, apple cider vinegar has antifungal properties that make it a really reliable and safe natural remedy to treat a yeast infection. A cup of apple cider vinegar can be added to bath water. Victims ought to soak in the apple cider vinegar bath water for at least 30 minutes. Dabbing the vaginal area straight with apple cider can provide some relief too. Honey can also be applied to the vaginal area, then cleaned off after 20 minutes.
Coconut oil has efficient antifungal properties that can eliminate the fungis accountable for yeast infections.
- Externally apply coconut oil on the impacted areas three times a day.
- You can likewise make a mixture of equivalent amounts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil. Use it on the impacted skin area to control the growth of the infection.
- In case of oral thrush, swish the oil in your mouth for five to 10 minutes. You can likewise add a few drops of tea tree oil or cinnamon oil and after that use. Do not swallow. Do this at least 3 times a day.
Oregano oil has the goodness of antifungal parts and also is very good for enhancing your immune system.
- You can apply the oil topically to the affected skin area, according to iytmed.com. As oregano oil can be irritating to the skin, dilute it with olive oil before applying.
- Alternatively, you can take a couple of capsules of oregano oil two times a day.
Follow either of these techniques for a few weeks to eliminate the yeast infection during pregnancy.
Last modified: September 13, 2016