Advantages of Momate Cream
You only need to use a small amount of this preparation. Use it thinly when a day, simply to the areas influenced.
Advantages and Usage of Momate Cream
Topical corticosteroids should not be used for extended periods of time or on big areas of the body, especially in children.
Do not use mometasone on any infected areas of skin.
|Type of medicine||A potent topical corticosteroid|
|Used for||Inflammatory skin conditions such as severe eczema and dermatitis|
|Available as||Cream, ointment, and scalp lotion|
Mometasone is classified as a powerful topical corticosteroid. Topical corticosteroids are likewise referred to as topical steroids. Topical steroids are used in addition to moisturisers (emollients) for treating inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. A topical steroid is used when spots of eczema or dermatitis flare, according to iytmed.com. Momate cream relieves the symptoms of a flare-up by minimizing inflammation, itching and soreness. It is not a remedy for the condition, however it will help to alleviate the symptoms. Brief courses of mometasone might likewise be prescribed for the treatment of psoriasis for small areas such as the scalp, soles of the feet, or palms of the hands.
Momate cream is offered in a number of various preparations. It is most likely you will be recommended a cream if the impacted areas of your skin are wet or weeping or an ointment if your skin is dry. It is likewise available as an application for the scalp. Momate cream is not usually ideal for children, although short courses of approximately two weeks may sometimes be recommended for a child by a skin professional doctor.
Before Using Momate Cream
To make sure this is the right treatment for you, before you start using momate cream it is essential that your doctor knows:
- If you have any areas of infected skin.
- If you have rosacea or acne.
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you have ever had an allergy to a skin preparation.
How to use mometasone
- Prior to you begin using the preparation, read the maker’s printed info leaflet from inside the pack. It will give you more details about topical steroids and will supply you with a complete list of the side-effects that you might experience from using them.
- Use a small amount to the areas of skin which are irritated, when a day. Then carefully rub it into the skin until it has actually vanished. If you are using a scalp application, use a couple of drops to your hair and rub it in carefully. You can use it to either dry or wet hair. Do not use mometasone on any open sores or any infected areas of skin.
- The amount of topical steroid that you need to apply is commonly measured by fingertip systems (FTUs). One FTU is the quantity of cream or ointment that is squeezed out along an adult’s fingertip (that is, from the very end of the finger to the first crease in the finger). As a guide, one FTU is enough to cover an area twice the size of an adult hand. Your doctor will give you a concept of how many FTUs you will have to cover the area of your skin which is influenced.
- If you are using more than one topical corticosteroid, make sure you understand when and where to use every one. If you are not sure, check with your doctor or ask your pharmacist for further guidance.
- After you have used mometasone, remember to wash your hands (unless your hands are the cured area).
- If you are using mometasone for psoriasis, make sure you follow your doctor’s guidelines carefully. It should not be used for large areas of psoriasis or for long periods of time, as these can cause your symptoms to flare once again later on.
Best Way to Use a Momate Cream
- If you are using a moisturiser along with this preparation, apply the moisturiser first. Then wait 10-15 minutes before applying mometasone. This enables time for the moisturiser to be taken in prior to the topical corticosteroid is applied. Your skin needs to be moist but not slippery when you apply mometasone.
- Do not use momate cream on your face unless a skin professional doctor has actually said you should. If you have been told to use it on your face, take care not to obtain any preparation near your eyes and do not use it for longer periods of time than you have been advised.
- Unless recommended to do so by your doctor, do not use a bandage or dressing to the area being alleviated, as this will increase absorption of the preparation and increase the risk of side-effects.
- Continue to use mometasone till the flare-up has actually gone, then stop it. A course of treatment for 7-14 days is often adequate. If your symptoms have not improved after this time (or if they worsen), speak once again with your doctor for additional advice. Topical corticosteroids like mometasone ought to not be used for long periods of time or on big areas of the body.
- After you complete using momate cream, continue to use your moisturiser every day. This will help to prevent an additional flare-up. Your doctor may also recommend a less potent steroid cream for you to use when needed.
Can Momate Cream Cause Problems?
In addition to their useful effects, many medicines can cause unwanted side-effects although not everybody experiences them. You can reduce the risk of side-effects from mometasone, by applying the preparation very finely, no more than once a day, and to the impacted areas only.