Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen in Males and Females
A number of pain delicate structures lie in the left lower quadrant of the abdomen. Pain can arise from the colon, urinary system, reproductive organs, vascular system and or stomach wall muscles. Sudden sharp pain in lower left abdomen can be more of a concern and depends upon both the gender and age of a person. Understanding the causes and treatments for sharp pain in lower left abdominal area ahead of time can help you better handle the condition.
Causes and Treatments for Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen
Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen can be during period or missed period, with back pain, after eating, when urinating or after urinating, when taking deep breath, in early pregnancy, when lying down, with gas, when running, by hip bone, with diarrhea, under ribs, with vomiting, with nausea, with blood in stool, after giving birth, with pain in anus, after intercourse, after c section, with dizziness, with constipation, with groin, etc.
Main causes, symptoms and related treatment described below for men and women.
1. Bladder cancer
Danger for bladder cancer increases with age, smoking and specific occupations that utilize aniline dyes and radiation.
- Surgery, radiation and chemotherapy can be utilized to deal with bladder cancer.
- Keep in mind that early medical diagnosis and treatment is constantly for the very best.
2. Ectopic pregnancy
Left (or right) lower abdominal area pain in any pregnant woman is a cause for issue. Ectopic pregnancy is a health issue during pregnancy which takes place when the fertilized egg is implanted in other parts of the female reproductive system aside from the uterus. Look for prompt medical interest.
- Sudden, sharp or extreme left lower abdominal area pain
- Vaginal bleeding
- Blood loss causes weak point, lightheadedness and fainting
- Trigger diagnosis is necessary in this cause.
- Surgery or methrotrexate (drug) therapy can be applied for selected cases
3. Kidney stone
A variety of kinds of stones can take place. Particular factors such as genetics, dehydration and diet can predispose to establishing kidney stones.
- Unexpected onset of unbearable pain
- Pain may radiate from flank to decrease left (or right) abdomen
- Bloody or pink urine
- Smaller stones can be treated with pain control and hydration.
- Bigger stones might require surgical reduction or destruction making use of lithotripsy (sound waves) or laser damage.
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
This common condition leads to lower stomach pain and the precise cause is unidentified. An underlying dysfunction of the intestinal tract creates the signs.
- Stomach pains and bloating
- Pain while passing stool
- Left lower abdominal pain
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Anxiety management, diet modification, exercise are common remedies, which can also lower future danger of establishing IBS.
- Medication treatment if needed for severe constipation or diarrhea.
5. Urinary system infection
Urinary system infections or UTI is a medical condition where infection happens in the bladder, urethra or kidneys. Germs are the normal cause and as they grow and multiply, signs rapidly develop.
- Sharp pain in the left lower abdomen or bladder area
- Urinating regularly and in smaller sized amounts
- Strong smelling or cloudy urine
- Burning pain when urinating
- Consume plenty of water to flush the urinary tract
- Antibiotic medication from a physician
- Cranberry juice or pills to reduce symptoms
Diverticulitis is an inflammatory condition which affects the diverticula in the digestion system.
- Constraining, hurting, sharp pain in the left lower abdominal areas
- Blood in stool
- Nausea, and fever
- Severe pain as condition advances
- Mild cases treated with prescription antibiotics, pain control and diet adjustment.
- Prevent nuts, seeds and popcorn
7. Intestinal gas
Gas is among the most typical factors for left lower abdomen pain. Gas builds up triggers distention and the extending of the gut is viewed as pain. Most of us create approximately 4 pints of gas per day and expel it usually of 14 times a day.
- Left lower abdominal area pain
- Bloating and gas
- Queasiness, burping & flatus
- Expel gas as it develops
- OTC anti-gas medications
- Diet adjustment to avoid trigger foods
8. Other causes
A number of possible other causes can lead to left lower abdominal pain. Vascular disasters such as obstruction or rupture of a blood vessel are the most serious and instantly life threatening. A ruptured stomach aortic aneurysm can lead to sudden pain radiating to the left lower abdominal areas and back. Any severe or abrupt reason for pain in the left lower abdominal areas that is accompanied by a sensation of passing out mandated emerging medical interest.
Bladder infection, kidney infections, colon cancer, muscle injuries, hernia, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, abdominal aortic aneurysm
Lower left abdominal pain in men
Epididymitis, testicular torsion, prostate infection
Ovulation, menstruation, ovarian torsion, tubo-ovarian abscess, pelvic inflammatory illness, endometriosis
How to Prevent Sharp Pain in Lower Left Abdomen
Constantly use sound judgment when confronted with stomach pain. Severe pain, fever and ongoing vomiting are possible indications of a more severe problem.
Follow these basic guidelines to avoid sharp pain in lower left abdomen:
- Seek medical assessment when severe abdominal pain accompanies nausea, vomiting, and difficulty passing urine or bloody urine or fever.
- Losing consciousness due to severe stomach pain requires calling 911, particularly in elderly persons.
- Severe abdominal pain and bleeding in a pregnant person needs emergent evaluation
- Do not take pain medication without very first consulting with a health care service provider.
- Avoid herbal or natural remedies unless the precise reason for left lower stomach pain is known.
- Whenever in doubt, seeking evaluation by a medical professional is the best choice when experiencing abdominal pain.